Tomato Pizza with Prosciutto and Pesto
- Complexity: easy
- 1 ball pizza dough, store bought or homemade
- AP flour, for rolling out dough
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Good quality extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce, store bought or homemade
- 3-4 slices prosciutto
- Flakey sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Red chili flakes, optional
Place a pizza stone on the middle rack of your oven. Preheat your oven to 550℉, or as high as it will go.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 10-inch circle. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured pizza peel or an upside down baking sheet. Spoon the tomato sauce all over the dough followed by a drizzle of EVOO.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown.
Remove from the oven. Drizzle over the pesto followed by the prosciutto torn into smaller pieces. Top with flakey sea salt, black pepper and red chili flakes if using.
Recipe Courtesy of Megan Mitchell