Zucchini, Avocado and Radish Salad with a Citrus Vinaigrette
- Complexity: medium
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (about 1 small orange)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1 small lemon)
- 1/4 cup high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced or grated on a zester
- 1 tbsp. dijon
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 3 radishes
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 large semi-ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp. finely minced chives
- 1 tbsp. baby basil leaves
- Chive blossoms or edible flowers, for garnish (optional)
- Flaked sea salt, such as Maldon
Begin by making the dressing. In a small bowl combine the orange juice, lemon juice, EVOO, minced or grated garlic clove, dijon, maple syrup and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk together then taste for seasoning. Set aside until needed.
Begin by cutting the root off of the radishes then slicing in half and thinly slicing into half-moons. Next, using a mandoline or a sharp knife thinly slice the zucchini into about 1/8-inch thick rounds.
Halve the avocado, remove the pit and peel off the skin. Place cut side down and thinly slice lengthwise then cut in half.
To assemble, on a large round platter or plate place down the zucchini slices overlapping them around the edge of the platter/plate. Continue this pattern around until all of the zucchini is used and you reach the middle of the platter/plate. About 5-6 rows.
Tuck 4-5 slices of the avocado in-between the zucchini rounds every 7-8 pieces. Sprinkle with the sliced radish, minced chives, basil leaves, chive blossoms or edible flowers if using and a drizzle of the dressing. I like to start off with half and then add more as needed.
Finish with a sprinkle of flaked sea salt and serve alongside Pure Leaf Cold Brew Black Tea with Tropical Mango.
Recipe Courtesy of Megan Mitchell