Pesto Pasta with Peas and Arugula
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 1 pound cavatelli pasta, or any short cut pasta will work
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces pesto, homemade or store-bought
- 5 ounces wild organic arugula
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, for garnish
Fill a large stock pot 3/4’s full with water and season liberally with salt. Bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook per package directions until al dente.
While the pasta cooks place a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Pour in the pesto. Once the pasta has cooked add it directly to the pesto pan along with the arugula. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the arugula has wilted. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt or pepper if needed.
Lastly add the peas and parmesan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the peas are warmed through.
Remove and serve in a shallow bowl with a sprinkling of pine nuts, more parmesan cheese and freshly cracked black pepper.
Recipe Courtesy of Megan Mitchell