The Ultimate Vegan Nachos
- Complexity: very easy
- 1-10 oz. package of The Jackfruit Company, Black Beans + Corn + Tex Mex Spice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, plus whole leaves for garnish
- 2-4.72 oz. packets of Daiya Deluxe Cheeze Sauce
- 2-5 oz. bags Grain-Free Tortilla Chips, in Zesty Lime and Sea Salt
- 1 large heirloom tomato cut into 1/4-inch pieces, for garnish
- 1 large avocado, cubed for garnish
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeño pieces
Pour the jackfruit mixture into a medium skillet and season with a large pinch of salt. Bring up to heat over medium and cook until hot. Remove from heat and stir in the 1/4 cup chopped cilantro. Keep warm until needed.
In a small sauce pot pour in both packets of cheeze sauce. Bring up to heat over medium low, stirring often so the cheeze doesn’t burn on the bottom. Once hot remove from heat.
Meanwhile pour the 2 bags of chips into a large bowl and mix together.
Using a large platter, or whatever you plan on serving the nachos on, pile up 1/3 of the chips in an even layer. Scoop 1/3 of the jackfruit mixture over the chips followed by 1/3 of the cheeze sauce. Next sprinkle over some of the tomatoes, avocado cubes and a few jalapeño slices.
Continue this process 2 more times, for a total of 3 layers finishing with tomato, avocado and jalapeño slices. Lastly add a few cilantro leaves over the top and serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of Megan Mitchell
As seen on Prep School HERE!