Pesto Pizza with Burrata, Prosciutto and Arugula
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 1 ball pizza dough, store bought or homemade
- AP flour, for rolling out dough
- 1/2 cup pesto plus more for drizzling, store bought or homemade
- Good quality extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 large ball burrata cheese
- 4-5 slices prosciutto
- 1 cup arugula
- Flakey sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Basil leaves, for garnish
Place a pizza stone or steel on the middle rack of your oven. Preheat your oven to 550℉, or as high as it will go.
On a lightly floured surface, using your finger tips, roll out the dough to a 12-inch circle, picking it up and letting the weight stretch it as needed.
Transfer the dough to a lightly floured pizza peel or an upside down baking sheet. Spoon the pesto all over the dough followed by a drizzle of EVOO.
Quickly slide the pizza onto the preheated stone and bake for 8-10 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
Remove from the oven. Tear the burrata into chunks and place all over the pizza followed by the prosciutto torn into smaller pieces followed by a drizzle of pesto. Top with the arugula, flakey sea salt, black pepper and basil leaves.
Slice up and serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of Megan Mitchell