Blistered Tomato Pasta
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds baby tomatoes (grape or cherry)
- 5 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pound short cut pasta, such as Gigli Toscani
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, finely chopped
- Parmesan cheese, shaved using a vegetable peeler
Preheat oven to 450F.
Bring a large stock pot of water to a boil. Liberally season with salt.
Place the tomatoes and chopped garlic on a small sheet tray. Pour over the EVOO and liberally season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
Roast for 15 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through, until some begin to burst but not break down completely. Turn on broil and cook for 5 minutes more or until charred.
While the tomatoes roast, cook the pasta per package directions until al dente. Drain and pour pasta into a large bowl.
Remove tomatoes from the oven and sprinkle over the parsley and basil. Toss together then pour over the pasta and mix. Taste for seasoning adding more salt or pepper as needed.
Last stir in the parmesan and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Megan Mitchell
Paid Partnership with Bonnie Plants